- Leading NZ contract packing company
- Friendly team environment
- Great skills development
Our client is one of New Zealand’s largest contract packaging companies and a leading supplier of hospitality amenity products. Their modern facility packages both foods and personal health products for both the domestic and international markets. Based in South/Central Auckland, they are conveniently located for their team, many of whom are long standing employees.
To cover maternity leave, our client is seeking a ‘hands on’ Quality and Food Safety Manager for an initial 12 month contract. This role will balance supporting the production team with line clearances and document sign off, with working on non-conformances, customer complaints, audits and improvement with the site’s QMS and associated documentation. You’ll also need to support and mentor the QA Coordinators, overseeing their daily workload.
All this means you’ll need to be a self-starter, able to quickly build and maintain solid working relationships, be proactive in identifying and making improvements and, ultimately, able to step up as and when required. This role will suit candidates that enjoy working in a busy production environment.
Ideally, you’ll have the following experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification with a major in, Science, Food Science or Technology
- Minimum 6 years Quality Assurance experience in the food, dairy, pharmaceutical or cosmetics industries
- Experienced with hosting customer and regulatory audits
- Some team leadership preferred
- ISO/HACCP experience
- Good understanding of RMPs and GMP (preferred)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Deliver results within tight deadlines
In return our client offers a competitive salary, some flexibility in working hours on a Monday to Friday working week, and potential for future growth within the business.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button below, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.