- New and innovative pharmaceutical sector
- Senior leadership role
- Flexible working arrangements possible
Our client might be one of the new kids on the block but with strong roots, secure backing and having already hired some of the best minds in the New Zealand pharmaceutical industry, they are set for a great future in supplying medical products to the local and international markets. Based in Hamilton, their site is accessible from South Auckland and the Waikato region.
Due to their growth, this organisation currently has a vacancy for a candidate with proven Quality Management experience, ideally within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, to continue to set out the company’s strategy for compliance, develop their QMS and ultimately to build a dynamic Quality Assurance team.
As a member of the management team you, the Quality Manager, will be responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance on the site including (but by no means limited to) maintaining a high level of regulatory compliance, developing and managing the Quality Assurance program, maintenance of the site’s cGMP license and ensuring all process deviations, validation work and change controls are correctly managed. You’ll also be influential in the ongoing evolution of the quality/technical function to keep in line with regulatory and corporate standards.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a strong QA background in pharmaceuticals, animal health or nutraceutical medicines manufacture, a strong understanding of cGMP and broad quality systems experience. You will also have proven motivational and team management experience and the ability to develop and maintain strong professional business relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and auditing authorities.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Science/Technology or similar
- At least 8 years Quality/Compliance experience in a pharmaceutical operations environment
- Proven management/mentoring experience
- Highly developed communication and organisational skills
- Ability to continually evaluate the quality systems and maintain complete documentation to ensure the necessary controls are in place
- Experience with international quality systems including those regulated by the Medsafe, FDA, TGA, etc.
- Internal auditing experience
- Deliver results within tight deadlines
- Provide support and training to allocated staff on quality issues
- Liaise with suppliers on quality issues
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor to a progressive organisation in one of the highest standards of manufacturing in the world.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, 0064 4 472 6558 if calling internationally, or email email@example.com
Need to talk about pharmaceutical opportunities with someone who knows what they are talking about? Tony has 10 years experience working within the New Zealand and European pharmaceutical industry, including managing a sterile manufacturing facility. If you have any technical questions about this role or any other pharmaceutical role, then please call him for a frank and open discussion.