- Multinational animal health organisation
- Growing site with career development
- Hamilton location
Our client is a multinational company, specialising in animal health products and has positioned itself as a major supplier to the market worldwide. In New Zealand, they market and distributes a large and growing range of top quality products through the veterinary profession from their Hamilton-based manufacturing plant.
This organisation currently has a vacancy for a candidate with proven Quality Management experience, ideally within a sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, to lead their QA and QC teams at this Hamilton facility. PLEASE NOTE: This role is site based so you must live in a location commutable to the Hamilton site (Te Rapa).
As a member of the management team you, the Quality Manager, will be responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance on the site including (but by no means limited to) maintaining a high level of regulatory compliance, developing and managing the Quality Assurance program, maintenance of the site’s cGMP license and ensuring all process deviations, validation work and change controls are correctly managed. You’ll also be influential in the ongoing evolution of the quality/technical function to keep in line with regulatory and corporate standards.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a strong QA background in pharmaceuticals, animal health or nutraceutical medicines manufacture, a strong understanding of cGMP and broad quality systems experience. You will also have proven motivational and team management experience and the ability to develop and maintain strong professional business relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and auditing authorities.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Science/Technology or similar
- Technical experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical, preferably within a sterile manufacturing environment
- Proven supervisory experience
- Highly developed communication and organisational skills
- Ability to continually evaluate the quality systems and maintain complete documentation to ensure the necessary controls are in place
- Experience with international quality systems including those regulated by the MPI (ACVM), APVMA, etc.
- Internal auditing experience
- Analytical testing knowledge preferred
- Deliver results within tight deadlines
- Provide support and training to allocated staff on quality issues
- Liaise with suppliers on quality issues
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor to a progressive organisation in one of the highest standards of manufacturing in the world.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 472 6558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to talk about pharmaceutical opportunities with someone who knows what they are talking about? Tony has 10 years experience working within the New Zealand and European pharmaceutical industry, including managing a sterile manufacturing facility. If you have any technical questions about this role or any other pharmaceutical role, then please call him for a frank and open discussion.