Wellington Based – Consultant / Advisory role – Technology start-ups – R&D
I’m after a senior R&D engineer who wants to change career tack and get into an a specialist advisory role.
Obviously the R&D space is a huge and diverse market that covers a range of disciplines and products but I’m after a person who understands the whole R&D process, from the commercial aspects right through to mechanical / product development / design implications, along with what resources are required to deliver and develop these products for the market.
It’s a fascinating role as you will be expose to a wide range of highly innovative companies (large and small), people and ideas. But also, a good use of your expertise to help these emerging or established companies moving forward with securing funds to further develop their products.
Skills or attributes that I’ll be looking for:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- At least 7 year’s experience working in a senior R&D commercial environment and have an excellent understanding of the R&D processes. From concept design, through to manufacturing and the commercialisation requirements, of getting a new product to market
- Have strong interpersonal skills; active listening, able to discuss, approach, be purposeful tactful and professional
- Technically strong in your field of expertise and have an open enthusiasm to engage in new technologies. Again people from a product development or mechanical discipline are highly desired
- Have a proven collaborative approach and are experienced in interaction with both customers and internal expertise
- Ability to work with and apply complex rules and regulations to applications
The benefit of looking at this role is getting away from the grind of chasing funds or markets to develop new products but to be still involved with a diverse range of products and the innovative people / companies you will engage with. It also provides the stability of being located in a large key organisation that provides a consultive service to others.
Further career advancements are also available to the successful applicants, along with being located in our great little cosmopolitan capital, Wellington.
Technical Recruitment Solution has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact John Kiriakidis on 0800 171 000 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz