- Commercial R&D experience beneficial
- Supportive team environment
- Protein purification and biochemistry techniques a must
AROTEC Diagnostics is a manufacturer and global distributor of high quality antigens and antibodies for the autoimmune diagnostics market. With their dedicated team, including a highly specialised department of scientists and overseas sales personnel, it is regarded as the leader in native antigen purification to diagnostics equipment manufacturers around the world. Having recently been acquired by a larger parent company and relocated to a state-of-the-art, purpose-built manufacturing site in Wellington, New Zealand, this autonomous business has a solid base and the backing to grow.
A vacancy exists for a Research and Development Associate to join Arotec’s established R&D team. Reporting to the R&D and Process Improvement Manager this person will support the Research and Development and Product Improvement department in their developing of new products and in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the site’s production processes. As the incumbent in this practical and hands-on role, you will undertake protein extraction and purification work, as well as working with chromatography systems and various biochemistry techniques including SDS-PAGE, ELISA and Gel Electrophoresis.
You, the Candidate:
As the successful candidate you will have a suitable qualification at Bachelor or Master level and preferably in biochemistry, biotechnology or similar. You will also have protein chemistry, protein purification and biochemical test techniques experience, but just as importantly you will have a keen enthusiasm to work in a commercial production laboratory environment.
To be considered must possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor of Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related subjects
- Experience working in research and production laboratory settings
- Protein chemistry experience ideally in a commercial production environment
- Protein purification utilizing a broad number of chromatographic techniques
- The ability to develop and execute methods in AKTA FPLC systems
- Experience in routine laboratory maintenance, maintenance of laboratory safety standards and knowledge of Quality System Reports
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually in a timely manner and within a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
AROTEC strongly values and encourages a team-based, supportive culture, where positivity, quality-focus, accountability, a customer-centric approach, and where constant learning is a part of everyday activities, are its keys to success.
In return, Arotec offers a competitive salary package, an encouraging management team and the ability to grow and develop with the company.
Why come to us?
We are one of the few recruitment consultancies in New Zealand where consultants have learned the trade before joining the recruitment industry and recruiting in their specialist sector. Therefore, not only do we understand the needs of our clients in specific and general technical positions, but we also know how to get the best out of you, the candidate, to ensure that you are put forward for suitable roles in suitable locations with suitable salaries.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 472 6558 or email email@example.com .
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.