Hamilton based – Automated & Robotic Machinery – Senior Design role
We are after a talented Senior Mechanical Designer with strong automated machinery design experience base. The company designs and manufactures a range of highly specialized automated machinery for the global manufacturing industry with many “one off” unique designs and applications.
These machines incorporate a range of highly automated and robotic features and as a result, this role offers challenging technical design and practical issues to solve and an interesting variety of work. Engineers at this company do not get bored and there is very small staff turnover, so this is a rare opportunity.
The sizable design team is experiencing growth in work that created the need for this role which involves design and development work, from concept, through to manufacture and project management of assembly including client communication, providing designed parts for procurement, and assisting in the commissioning of machinery.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or similar e.g. NZCE
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in a relevant environment
- Must have strong SolidWorks skills
- Understands Mechatronics and how machinery is designed and operates
- A strong experience base within the automated machinery (Robotics) sector, is highly advantageous.
- Can work well within a Team
- Takes initiative and ownership of projects
- Must have very good English both spoken and written communication skills
- Attention to engineering detail and responsible for quality output
- NZ based local or someone who is already in New Zealand with a valid work visa
This is a permanent appointment within an excellent working environment and provides an opportunity to work at a high level with like-minded engineers, doing a variety of interesting work. Furthermore, the role will provide an attractive remuneration package and good prospects for career advancement which may look like growth of professional knowledge and experience, and the possibility of technical selling or leading large projects in future.
Let me know why you are interested in this position and how it fits with your career trajectory so far!
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet enquiry contact David Milmine on 0800 171 000 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.