- Great leadership development opportunity
- Supportive team environment
- Interesting technology
Arotec Diagnostics is a manufacturer and global distributor of high quality antigens and antibodies for the autoimmune diagnostics market. With their dedicated team, including a highly specialised department of scientists and overseas sales personnel, it is regarded as the leader in native antigen purification to diagnostics equipment manufacturers around the world. With a supportive international parent company and a state-of-the-art, purpose-built manufacturing site in Wellington, New Zealand, this autonomous business has had the solid base and the backing to successfully grow.
AROTEC Diagnostics are currently looking for a Senior Production Leader to join their Production team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position will be responsible for managing production output demand of a dedicated production workstream. Because of the size of the team, this role will balance hands-on responsibilities with production planning and reporting, and working on strategic goals for the team with support from the Operations Manager. More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Management of assigned production team and the production planning
- In process material planning and production scheduling
- Meeting the agreed Production Schedule in products manufactured, yield and quality
- Timely management of production documentation
- Review of any product or process anomalies and deviations, contribution to root cause analysis of processes & systems and performing corrective actions
You, the Candidate:
As a suitable candidate you will be strongly motivated, with good technical manufacturing background, and demonstrated experience leading a manufacturing team. You must have a developed interpersonal skills and provide leadership to the team members in supporting their development and in achieving the company productivity requirements. You’ll also have a high level of initiative and the ability to remain focused while maintaining a consistent performance within a busy commercial manufacturing environment. A background in biochemistry or biological science would be or added benefit, though not critical as expertise within this field is within the team. But you will need to gain trust and harness that knowledge.
To be considered will ideally possess the following attributes:
- A suitable tertiary qualification in Biochemistry, a biological science or similar field
- Previous experience in a commercial science environment, ideally in a GMP compliance facility
- Proven experience in team leadership, including giving clear guidance and support to your team
- Strong production planning experience
- Previous experience working with compliance, documentation, deviation and batch release
- Problem solving, time management and communication skills
- Computer literacy – Microsoft packages
In return, Arotec offers a competitive salary package, a supportive management team and the ability to grow and develop with the company.
Why come to us?
We are one of the few recruitment consultancies in New Zealand where consultants have learned the trade before joining the recruitment industry and recruiting in their specialist sector. Therefore, not only do we understand the needs of our clients in specific and general technical positions, but we also know how to get the best out of you, the candidate, to ensure that you are put forward for suitable roles in suitable locations with suitable salaries.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541, email email@example.com .
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.