Our client is a well known consultancy, specialising in the Power Industry. Busy and growing, they are looking to expand their design team and are keen to add a Senior Substation Design Engineer to their team.
The job will entail:
- Evaluation of projects, scoping, specifying and quoting for new work.
- Researching and preparing design solutions, carry out feasibility studies, preparing concept design etc.
- Prepare project / solution design for all aspects of distribution substations – primary, secondary, controls and protection.
The person who will take up this role, will be:
- Tertiary qualified in Electrical or Power Engineering (preferably from a Washington Accord institution)
- Have at least 7 years experience in Substation Design, preferably within New Zealand v(primary and / or secondary side design)
- Have a working knowledge of Distribution protection systems, earthing design, etc.
In general, be a versatile design engineer with plenty of substation design experience – primary and secondary side, controls and protection, be a team player but someone able to work autonomously and be a person who can develop good relationships with clients and coworkers alike..
On offer is a competitive remuneration package and the chance to join a growing company with a reputation for looking after their people.
If you are looking for your next challenge and like leading a team, if you enjoy working in a friendly, fun loving environment, this job will interest you.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the ‘Apply’ button below or for a confidential discussion, contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 within New Zealand or +64 4 282 1563 internationally or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If this job or location is not quite right for you, we would still like to hear from you as there are other options that may suit you.