– Central North Island Based e.g. Palmerston North, New Plymouth, or Whanganui
– Independent Senior role with an established company
– Dairy, Water & Wastewater, & Food & Beverage clients
Our client is a well-established Industrial Control Systems Integrator in New Zealand. They work on design projects across New Zealand and provide site-based maintenance and upgrade services to large manufacturing plants across a variety of sectors.
Location Flexibility: With the spread of clients this company have across the central North Island region this role can be based from Palmerston North, New Plymouth, Whanganui, or from another central North Island location.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Systems Integrator who can work relatively independently on a mix of automation projects plus site maintenance and upgrade work on client sites across the Central North Island. Your clients will be in a mix of industries like Dairy, Water & Wastewater, and Food & Beverage to name a few so your work will be varied in terms of sectors, control system platforms, and clients.
About You: You will need to have a strong existing skillset as a Senior Systems Integrator with the ability to think as an engineer, look at the process and equipment to be automated, convert this process to a well thought out and well-structured code for PLC, HMI & SCADA systems, and be able to work capably and independently on client sites. You will likely be able to demonstrate experience across a range of automation platforms. Personality fit wise you will likely be a conscientious and diligent engineer who likes working through a structured engineering process.
Client Care: As you will work with a variety of clients, client care and the ability to promote what services you can offer is key.
Process Automation: We do need someone who understands process automation as opposed to standalone machinery automation, someone who can develop and program to functional descriptions and integrate control systems with PLC, HMI, and plant wide SCADA systems, an experienced ‘jack of all automation’ type of person.
Independence & Variety: You will be given independence to run your own jobs, talk to clients directly, and will need to be someone comfortable and happy with going to a client site to do project work, troubleshoot and work on existing systems. Systems Integrators are continuously working in different environments, on different processes, and working on code written by different people, so you need to be someone who can adapt and work with this level of variety and complexity, work your way through it, and make the relevant programming design decisions and modifications.
Ideal skills and experience:
• Tertiary engineering qualification in Industrial Automation, Software, Control Systems, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Process, Electrical (or similar)
• Ideally have experience as a Systems Integrator
• An engineering mindset – can understand and describe the process of automation
• Experience and understanding of Functional Descriptions
• Familiar with programming PLC’s
• Familiar with SCADA & HMI
• Senior level experience in Automation within a relevant sector: i.e. Dairy, Water & Wastewater, Food & Beverage, Material Handling, Energy/Power, General Manufacturing etc.
• FAT, SAT, and Commissioning experience
• Can set up a computer, modem, and networking etc.
• Experience with databases (i.e. SQL) is a bonus
• Experience with data gathering applications written in C# is a bonus
• Good verbal and written communication
• Ability to build and maintain client relationships
• A self-driven & managed person who can work independently
This established and growing company are an ideal employer in this sector for technical specialists. You will be given a vehicle, and the role will be well remunerated with overtime and annual bonuses paid for on top of this, plus health insurance covered too.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz
Note: Due to current NZ border restrictions, we can only accept applications from people in NZ or returning NZ Citizens and Residents.