Senior Food Technologist opportunity with a successful business at a time of innovative development and growth.
- Stable and growing business
- New Product Development – concept to launch
- 12-month contract
Our client is a well-established Global Manufacturer producing Liquid Sauces and Fresh Salads. The position is at its local Wellington Liquids Sauce food manufacturing business. Their products are sold locally and internationally to small, medium and large businesses including some globally recognised brands. The company’s focus on leading the market on innovation means they have an established NPD/Innovation team, and an opportunity exists for a Senior Technologist to join them. You’ll be part of a very friendly team that work together to achieve the best end result for the company and its people. Anyone coming into the business does so at an exciting time as they grow and develop in innovative ways.
Reporting to the R&D/Innovation Manager, Wellington, you will be responsible for the development of new and existing products from project initiation through to commercialisation and you will have one Food Technologist reporting to you. You will get involved with raw materials, formulations and ensuring their compliance with FSANZ and global standards. The role scope includes innovation, project management, working with procurement, factory trials, and improvement projects, among other tasks.
This is a 12-month contract based in Wellington, though there may be an opportunity to extend this, especially if you are willing to move to Auckland at that time.
To be considered, you will need to bring your blend of technical knowledge and experience as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your positive attitude and self-motivation will be vital in proving yourself as a strong team player.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Tertiary qualification in Food Technology/Science or similar
- Minimum of 5 years practical NPD experience
- Sensory evaluations & creating Quality Specifications.
- Technical understanding of Food Safety, Stability and Organoleptic parameters of the product & over shelf life
- Be process manufacturing oriented
- Highly developed communication skills
- Well-developed project management skills
- Proven innovation and product improvement skills
- Proven ability to lead projects within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of NZ and international food legislation
- Ability to train and motivate others
In return you will be offered a competitive salary and be given strong technical and management support to achieve your professional goals. You’ll be part of a very friendly team that work together to achieve the best end result for the company and its people. Anyone coming into the business does so at an exciting time as they grow and develop in innovative ways.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant ‘apply’ button.
For a confidential enquiry, contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.