This is an exciting opportunity for a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Officer to join an innovative Wellington food manufacturer
- Lead the company’s SHEQ functions
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Team
- Be part of a growing company
My client is an innovative health snack foods manufacturer in Wellington and has become a well-known brand in supermarkets nationwide. They have had great success and plan to continue to grow their business and this is the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to grow with the business.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role ensures the company, and its contractors comply with the requirements of NZ legislation by monitoring SHEQ responsibilities, attending and reporting at safety, HACCP, food safety and 5s meetings and ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance by conducting site audits. The SHEQ Officer coordinates and participates in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses and conducts Contractor Risk Assessments. This role leads Food Safety, HACCP and LEAN Manufacturing across the factory operations and is an important role in the Operations Leadership team.
The successful candidate for this role will have experience in H&S, food safety, and quality in a food manufacturing environment. You will need to have great communication skills and a positive attitude to collaborate with people throughout the business and be adaptable to change as the company grows.
In addition, you are expected to meet the following criteria:
- HACCP & food control plan knowledge & experience (essential)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a SHEQ / Food Safety Compliance related role (essential)
- National Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management/Food Safety (preferred)
- Environmental & Quality qualification (preferred)
- in-depth experience of SHEQ / Food Safety / HACCP protocols, processes & legislation
- good exposure to LEAN manufacturing and 5s approaches
- outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- can-do attitude and ability to adapt as the company grows
To apply for this position, use the APPLY button to submit your CV. For a confidential enquiry, contact Olivia at email@example.com or 04 916 0536.
Please note, due to border Covid-19 closures, you must have the right to work in NZ.