Challenging client side engineering role to oversee and manage site activities of a large civil infrastructure project in Invercargill, a city which is enjoying an incredible amount of investment across its infrastructure and public amenities. Enjoy a vibrant and relaxed lifestyle with some of the most affordable living in New Zealand, the region enjoys a strong sense of traditional community spirit, and unrivalled access to someone of the South Island’s most pristine destinations.
With a significant amount of civil capital projects planned, this organisation can offer you a diverse range of work within a stable and experienced Project Management team.
Working within the Project Management team you will be leading the site based supervision, reporting and control of the physical work whilst managing a range of stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
- Site based supervision of the construction & engineering work
- Quality assurance and compliance management
- Project reporting and Engineer to the contract services
- Provide specialist engineering and contract advice
- Financial reporting and documentation management
There is scope for you to be developed within this position and take on further responsibility as you progress towards Project Management.
To be considered we are seeking:
- A related Civil Engineering Qualification
- Experience & understanding of civil construction in New Zealand
- Understanding of NZ3910 (or similar)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven problem solving ability
- Knowledge of pressure and gravity water piping is desirable.
This job can offer you excellent experience working on a large civil project in a small delivery team providing broad responsibility and exposure. It will deepen your project management experience, understanding of the front end of projects, and offer longer term career opportunities on other project. The employer enjoys a very supportive work environment, including a true focus on work life balance, an affordable relaxed lifestyle and access to some of New Zealand’s most pristine and breathtaking locations.
Apply on line or talk to Simon in confidence, 09 281 5593, firstname.lastname@example.org