Join a provider of medical and scientific equipment as a self-driven Service Engineer, with opportunities to learn and develop.
- Continuous learning and development
- Largely scheduled work so some flexibility in hours
- Variety in work – no two days the same
My client is a distribution company for medical and scientific industries across NZ and Australia specialising in technical sales and support of innovative instrumentation and equipment. They are well established in NZ and highly regarded by their customers and employees as they have a supportive culture and value staff training and development. They have 13 employees in NZ and have offices and their warehouse in Mt Wellington, Auckland.
As Technical Service Engineer, you will report to the Country Manager and be responsible for providing a high level of technical customer service and support. You will be expected to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex instrumentation, perform preventative services, validation, and related administration duties. The products you’ll work on will be largely sterilisation and related equipment for hospitals and regulated laboratories.
As far as travel goes, this role requires day trips, but most of that will be day trips servicing customers between Hamilton and Whangarei. You’ll likely spend 1-2 nights away from home every 2 weeks, but the company tries to keep this to a minimum. Your 40-hour work week will be completed between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and as it’s largely scheduled work there is some flexibility with many engineers finishing by 4pm.
As the successful candidate, you will possess strong technical/ engineering skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, experience as a Service Technician/Engineer, and a valid EST.
In addition, you will have the following:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Service Engineer / Technician
- Must have EST License or higher (non-negotiable)
- Other qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or similar highly advantageous
- Ideally experience with some of the following equipment: boilers, plumbing, medical or scientific lab equipment, autoclaves, sterilisers, washers, disinfectors, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Holding a valid and current driver’s licence
You must have full working rights in NZ to apply for this position.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a successful company. The company values on continuous improvement and development, which extends to their employees who will be fully trained on equipment with ongoing training and development throughout their career with the company. The hours and travel for this role are much more manageable than in other simillar roles, and you’ll be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant ‘APPLY’ button. For a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.