There are two opportunities, one in Auckland, the other to Wellington.
Bring your molecular biology or biochemistry background & passion for sales and support and join this NZ owned supplier of highly technical laboratory-based products.
- Established NZ owned scientific equipment & consumables supply company
- Opportunities in Auckland and Wellington
- Premium brands, excellent opportunities for future career progression
About the company
Our client is a New Zealand owned and operated company who represent and distribute a large range of scientific lab equipment, devices and consumables. Servicing all of NZ and representing internationally renowned brands, they have a strong reputation for providing their customers with quality solutions. They have grown a significant market share within the research, academic, biotechnology, dairy, food, and industrial sectors and provide the highest degree of customer experience through a relationship-based approach.
About the role
This is a newly created role in Wellington due to company success. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining existing customer relationship and increasing sales, while developing new business.
You will be representing our client’s products and suppliers within the industrial market. You will be the first line of contact with customers for information, prices, tech support and service – talking to a varied range of people in different environments about a large range of products. As such, you need to be able to think on your feet and be reliable at following up.
You will also be expected to spend approximately 4-5 days every 4-6 weeks away from home while you visit clients in your territory. The rest of the work will be based in Wellington or done remotely from your home office.
This role combines your technical and sales experience, along with your interpersonal and organisational skills. You’ll also need to bring a positive and friendly attitude to fit into the collaborative and accepting culture this company strives for.
In addition, preferred candidates will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Sciences with a hands-on knowledge of the laboratory / production sector.
- Proven sales experience preferably selling to universities, tertiary education, Research, Industrial, commercial laboratories, production and process.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
- An ability to quickly assimilate technology and communicate technical information.
- Self-motivated and organised, able to work with a high degree of autonomy while maintaining strong levels of service and quality.
- Ability to assist and train clients with a high degree of competency.
- Strong eye for detail and meticulous with record keeping and CRM management.
- Business focused with an ability to seek out new clients and effectively turn leads to sales.
This would be an exciting position for someone who is keen to get out of the lab and use their technical knowledge in a commercial environment or for someone in a technical sales role who wants to work for a supportive NZ employer offering job security and career growth opportunities.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click on the relevant ‘APPLY’ button. For a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.