You don’t have to be the biggest to be the best!
This Palmerston North based foundry live and breathe Metal Casting. The proud owners of the business still get on the shop floor and do what they love to do CAST METAL. The close knit team collectively have over 60 years of casting experience and the flexibility to meet the tough needs of their loyal client base. With a stable workflow and growth the owners are looking for a well rounded trades-person who can lead a team from the front.
This is a hands-on role that shares the leadership responsibility with the owner of the business. You will oversee and work along side 4 other casting tradesmen covering a range of duties including:
- Hard and green sand mold making. Jobs can range from one-offs to short production runs.
- Operating furnace: Checking specification, calculating material and compositions
- Pouring molds
- Breaking molds, checking quality and addressing any issues
- Planning workload, delegating responsibility and documenting process.
- Health and Safety leadership
This business welcomes news ideas and methodologies, a passion for continuous improvement will be a desirable trait!
What’s great about this role?
This role is a great proving ground for any skilled Metal Casting tradesmen. Projects come in all shapes and sizes to keep you on your toes and test your ability. The team are proud of their workshop, always keep it clean and organised. This role also gives you control and autonomy to make decisions and work in way that brings out the best in you.
On offer is a fair hourly rate and for exceptional individuals not currently living in Palmerston North, a relocation package can be discussed.
Are you up to the call?
To be suitable for this position you must be:
- A qualified and/or experienced Moulder.
- Able to lead a team and have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Stringent on standards for Quality
- Methodical and organised
- Allergic to rework!!
We also need someone who brings a positive contribution to the social culture within the team.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Chiel on 0800 171 000 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.