Interesting logistics/operational role with growing biotechnology company in picturesque Bay of Plenty – career and lifestyle at its best!
- Growing NZ company with development opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Lifestyle location in the Bay of Plenty
Our client is a New Zealand owned and operated biopharmaceutical company in the Bay of Plenty and well on their way to commercial success. Commutable from central Tauranga, they are an established and growing company with a supportive and tight-knit team environment within a GMP certified manufacturing facility. This is your chance to join an up-and-coming company in an exciting new sector.
We are seeking a qualified operations professional, ideally with some warehousing and purchasing experience in a regulated manufacturing industry such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices, nutritional dairy or similar, to oversee the logistics for this business. This could be a great option for someone working in a production role and who wants to broaden their skills.
Reporting to the Operations Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing, monitoring and organising the storage of inventory in warehouses to ensure stock is orderly, accessible and well controlled.
- Arranging the purchasing of all raw materials, components, packaging and manufacturing consumables in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Managing the incoming goods processes and ensuring all quality requirements are met in relation to warehousing and incoming goods.
But as with all growing companies, your scope of responsibilities will not be limited to these. You’ll need to work closely with the production and Quality teams, suppliers, and even the regulators to ensure that the operation runs efficiently with a sense of urgency.
With pharmaceutical level GMP critical to this business, as the ideal candidate you will preferably have a minimum of 3 years’ GMP operations/logistics experience though if you come from another highly regulated sector and are familiar with those compliance and regulations then we’d still like to hear from you.
You’ll have a positive attitude, great communication skills, proven time management and scheduling experience, and a flexible attitude towards doing what is needed to achieve the goals of the business. You’ll have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and any MRP systems.
Ideally you will possess the following:
- Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and/or practical experience in GMP lab and/or Pharmacy Technician with experience in retail/distribution.
- At least 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical/GMP manufacturing
- Safety-focussed approach and an understanding of Health and Safety
- Strong work ethic and desire to contribute
- Attention to detail
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
To apply for this position please click on the relevant ‘Apply’ button. Alternatively, for a confidential inquiry, contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.