New Zealand Based – Heavy Fabrication – New Plymouth
The bubble is open and it’s time to head back to a safe part of the world.
We are searching for an experienced and professional leader with an extensive heavy fabrication background, to join a large and professional operation in New Plymouth, NZ. The company is not involved in high volume production line products but design and manufacture bespoke projects for the heavy industries across NZ. These could range from large food production projects to oil&gas and mining related structures / pressure vessels etc.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification and had several years of experience, on the shop floor before progressing into a management position. Strong communication skills are a must, as instructions need to be given clearly along with the ability to listen to issues occurring during construction / fabrication process.
Below are some of the desired attributes we are seeking:
- Previous leadership experience of a Heavy Fabrication, Blast and Paint workshop operation
- Ability to plan projects with clients and relevant staff to ensure a clear strategy is in place to complete projected works safely within budget and to client and company quality standards
- Have strong organisational skills and able to prioritise the allocation of staff and resources across projected works to ensure realistic time frames are set and achieved
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of all health and safety practise of a large operational workshop, ensuring that all staff operate in a safe environment and manor
- Previous experience with the development and implementation of manufacturing / production systems that improve efficiencies e.g. lean manufacturing
- Able to make sound judgments and take decisive action at the appropriate time. Resolve conflict situations using sound techniques, including creating win / win resolutions
This is a very sort after role in the region with a stable and respected employer. This would be ideal for an experienced manager looking to jump ship into a strong company or an expat looking to head back home again to a very stable employer who is an order book overflowing.
A competitive senior salary is on offer along with relocation costs.
Please note: that due to the NZ governments current visa restrictions, only Australian or New Zealand residents / citizens can apply. If you have to apply for a NZ visa, then we can’t help sorry.
Technical Recruitment Solution has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact John Kiriakidis on +64 4 472 6558 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz