This respected Engineering / Manufacturer of agricultural equipment have been based in Rakaia for 30 years. With a wide range of services and dairy products, they are the “one stop shop” for all their clients’ agricultural needs. From designing and building dairy sheds to supplying feeds silos, they do it all.
LEAD FROM THE FRONT
This role offers a great blend of office and workshop duties. Working directly with clients internally and externally you will have full control of the project ‘end to end’. You will be responsible for the output of up to 10 staff with support from the fabrication coordinator. Between you, you will set the work up for the other workshop staff and measure quality and timeliness. This role is ideal for a leading hand or foreman that has the drive to improve systems and want to stretch their legs into operational management. You will be surrounded with fantastic support from people that encourage personal growth.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Determine priorities, schedule / plan critical projects and set deadlines
- Prepare the job packs for workshop
- Allocate stock to jobs and check the invoiced amount.
- Ensure material is calculated, ordered and ready ahead of schedule
- Allocate staff and resources to projects
- General fabrication: Cutting, welding (ARC & MIG) and basic machining
- Check quality and accuracy of production staff, addressing non-compliance
- Provide training to staff, monitoring staff levels
- Monitoring costs
- Lead Health and Safety initiatives
This isn’t an office job; be prepared to get your hands dirty! Get right in the mix and put your technical skills to work during peak times. You don’t need to be a master fabricator but a general aptitude is required.
This is a stable role with a well-established organisation operating across many sectors. You can expect family friendly work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am starts when it’s busy and 8:00 am over winter. A fair hourly rate will be based on experience.
We are looking for a highly organised and methodical individual with proven leadership experience in a production / manufacturing environment. Critical to your success in this role:
- Strong computer literacy, use of web based programmes and Microsoft office suite
- Proven time management skills and strict standards for quality
- Professional and diplomatic when addressing issues
- A trade background in Engineering / Fabrication
- Understanding of materials and consumables
- Proactive attitude
- HT class 2 or 4 licence a bonus.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Chiel on 0800 171 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.