A very well-established Automation Systems Integration company who delivers a wide range of projects across a variety of sectors and with quite a reasonable focus on the Dairy sector. You will join a very experienced team of Automation Engineers and some staff also have electrical design and/or hands on experience too.
This Automation Engineering role has become open due to retirement and the busy workflow at this company. It will be a mix of Project Management, PLC Programming, and Configuration of SCADA, PLC and HMI, Safety Projects, Installation Supervision, Project Commissioning, and Electrical Design and Drawings (not essential).
You will work in a flexible team environment, on your own or and as part of the project team.
Travel: You will be required to spend periods of time on customer sites for start-up, commissioning and system support, primarily within NZ. Typically, these are 3 to 4 weeks in length, and you would be away on average 3 times a year.
Hours: Outside of the commissioning phase the hours are 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Tasks will include:
- PLC programming, fault finding
- HMI and SCADA setup
- Technical project commissioning
- Technical programming of machinery safety systems including fault finding and commissioning
- CAD drawing and design
- Automation Project Engineering experience, including Safety and Commissioning
- Excellent communication skills
- You are a Control Systems Programmer with PLC, SCADA, and HMI experience
- Programming experience of some of these branded PLC’s Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens, Beckhoff, Omron & HMI
- Experience and understanding of Functional Descriptions
- SCADA development experience
- Machine safety systems
- Tertiary engineering qualification in Automation, Software, Control Systems, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Process, Electrical (or similar)
- Electrical Layout Design Experience would be a bonus
- Experience with databases (i.e. SQL) is a bonus
If working for a small tight knit team in Hamilton on control systems projects sounds interesting to you do be in touch.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz
Due to current NZ border restrictions, we can only accept applications from people in NZ or returning NZ Citizens and Residents.