Our client designs, manufactures, and delivers specialist industrial machinery and equipment to the Food & Dairy sectors. The company are continuing to grow and in addition ot this Brisbane office, they do also have multiple locations across New Zealand.
Customised Products & Innovation: This company have an extensive product range that has been built up and tried and tested over many years and are engaged in new product innovation too. They take their products and customise them on specific client projects within New Zealand and internationally. Each project includes custom design, manufacturing, product testing, installation, commissioning, and on-going after sales support.
We are seeking an experienced Automation Engineer who can design, specify, program, and commission industrial control systems for multimillion-dollar product Chilling and Freezing projects both nationally and internationally. This is a full time, permanent position based in Central Auckland.
You will be responsible for taking a project all the way through from an automation perspective. It will include initial designs, writing the software for PLC, HMI, SCADA, and Drives integration, and anything else that’s associated with a particular project including the implementation phase, commissioning the project, and providing on-going support.
Multidisciplinary Teams: You will become an integral part of an Automation Engineering team and also work closely with teams in Sales, Projects, Mechanical Design, Electrical Design, Electrical Delivery, Operations, and the Workshop to bring these projects from concept to completion, delivering efficient and quality solutions.
Industrial Automation Project Engineering including:
• Automation Design & Specification
• Control Systems Programming (PLC, HMI, SCADA, Drives)
• Site Installation, Maintenance, Retrofitting, and Commissioning
• Production Troubleshooting and Analysis
• Creation of Automation Documentation e.g., user manuals and training
• On-going Product Support
Skills and experience
• Tertiary Qualified in Engineering, likely in Electrical, Control Systems, Industrial Automation, Mechatronics OR be a Trade Qualified Electrician with relevant skills and experience as follows
• PLC Programming (Allen Bradley / Rockwell is essential) Siemens is relevant too.
• Safety PLC/programmable relays experience – Allen Bradley, Sick Flexi Soft.
• HMI & SCADA Design and Configuration (Rockwell FactoryTalk View is essential), WinCC is relevant.
• VSD & Servo Drive experience e.g., PowerFlex or SEW.
• Proficient in using and fault-finding industrial network protocols – Ethernet, IO-Link, ASi.
• Can troubleshoot electrical and control systems.
• Microsoft Office Savvy
• Can write Project Documentation
• An eye for detail and producing quality work
Advantageous but not essential experience
• Electrical Design
• Refrigeration systems
• Hydraulic systems
• Materials handling in the food / dairy industry
• Robot programming
• Industrial vision systems
• Database analysis
This is a role that would suit someone that thrives off working in a technically challenging role and who already has solid Automation design and project engineering experience.
With the increase of automation and robotics, this company are the place to be for that boom. So, in sum, this is an interesting job in this sector, with an established and growing company. Call me if you are interested in this technical role.
Note: Applicants for this position should have Australian or NZ residency.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine on 0800 171 000.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.