– Control Systems Integrator
– Varied sector work with large clients
– Very Minimal Travel, local clients
Our Auckland based client is a well-established Industrial Control Systems Integrator in New Zealand with hiring growth plans this year.
You will join a tight knit team who work on design, install, and service projects that are primarily in or near Auckland.
You will get to work on automation systems across a wide range of different industries and interesting projects, a great place to learn and remain at the pointy end of being a technically savvy systems integrator at the intersection of industrial automation, systems integration, and database type work.
You will need to have a strong existing skillset as a Systems Integrator with the ability to think as an engineer, look at the process and equipment to be automated, convert this process to a well thought out and well-structured code for PLC, HMI & SCADA systems, and be able to work capably and independently on client sites.
As a Systems Integrator you will likely be able to demonstrate experience across a range of automation platforms. For this role we do need specific experience with Rockwell PLC’s, SCADA, and HMI. Experience with Wonderware and/or Citect SCADA packages would be ideal too.
We do need someone who understands process automation as opposed to standalone machinery automation, someone who can develop and program to functional descriptions and integrate control systems with PLC and plant wide SCADA systems, an experienced ‘jack of all automation’ type of person.
You will be given independence to run your own jobs, talk to clients directly, and will need to be someone comfortable and happy with going to a client site to do project work, troubleshoot and work on existing systems. Systems Integrators are continuously working in different environments, on different processes, and working on code written by different people, so you need to be someone who can adapt and work with this level of variety and complexity, work your way through it, and make the relevant programming design decisions and modifications.
What Travel? As the majority of the company’s clients are based in or near Auckland, the level of travel for this role is minimal in comparison to roles like this at many other companies.
Ideal Candidate Snapshot
- Tertiary engineering qualification in Automation, Software, Control Systems, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Process, Electrical (or similar)
- Ideally have experience as a Systems Integrator
- An engineering mindset – can understand and describe the process of automation
- Experience and understanding of Functional Descriptions
- Familiar with programming Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Familiar with SCADA/HMI packages by Rockwell, CITECT, and Wonderware Intouch
- 5+ years’ experience in Automation within a relevant sector: i.e. Water & Wastewater Treatment, Food & Beverage, Material Handling, Dairy, Energy/Power, General Manufacturing etc.
- FAT, SAT, and Commissioning experience
- Can set up a computer, modem, and networking etc.
- Experience with databases (i.e. SQL) is a bonus
- Experience with data gathering applications written in C# is a bonus
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- A self-driven & managed person who can work independently manage work and function as part of a team
This established and growing company are an ideal employer in this sector for technical specialists. You will be well remunerated in line with your skills and experience within this market.
How to Apply
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 595 4102.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, or you want work in this space in another location then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements as we may know of options to pursue.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz