About the company
Our client, a well-established, NZ owned food manufacturing business, is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join their Canterbury based site.
About the role
Reporting to the plant manager and managing a part-time H&S Administrator, you will lead the Health and Safety function for the site. As such you will assist with the implementation of a H&S Management system and provide guidance, coaching and leadership to senior management in order to create a safety culture that is owned by everybody.
Other key responsibilities will include:
• Maintain a robust hazard/ risk management system across site
• Provide guidance to managers on the escalation procedure and investigation processes should accidents, incidents or near misses occur
• Contractor management
• Keep up to date with relevant H&S legislation/ best practices and manage compliance including auditing
This varied role offers the opportunity for an experienced H&S professional to manage the Health and Safety function and develop a safety culture on site. We are looking for a passionate, approachable and practical candidate, someone who is a strategic thinker able to see the bigger picture and is as equally as comfortable spending time on the factory floor as they are working with senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Tertiary qualification in a Safety and Health or related field
• Strong H&S experience ideally in a safety sensitive environment
• Solid technical background of H&S including current legislation
• Experience in developing and implementing robust safety programmes
• Ability to influence site management teams and to have a positive impact on site
• Well developed conceptual and analytical skills
• Effective leadership capabilities and ‘Client’ orientation
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great team in a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
How to apply:
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Franziska Buch on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz