Sydney or Melbourne Based –Mechanical Design Engineer – Mechanical Automation
Our client is a high-end customised solution design, manufacture, and commissioning company, specialising in mechanical, automation and robotic production machinery. They work throughout Australasia and internationally with a global customer base providing customised solutions using the latest technology to optimise production.
With growth and expansion comes the need for additional people and we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Sydney or Melbourne based teams.
You will be responsible for converting design briefs into design details and working drawings.
Specifically, you will:
- Design and draft mechanical and electrical products and componentry
- Set up and test mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Prepare manufacturing, arrangement and parts drawings and prepare BOMs
- Ensure overall project compliance with relevant standards
- Assist and/or lead onsite commissioning
To be successful in the role you will be:
- Tertiary qualified Mechanical Engineering (BE Mech)
- At least 5 years’ Mechanical Design experience with mechanical and automation systems
- Proven experience in materials handling/conveyor and/or food/mining industry design
- Advanced skills with SolidWorks or Inventor
- Experienced in preparing manufacturing drawings – GD&T, welding requirements, dimensioning, etc.
Personally, you will have excellent communication skills, be a proven team player and be committed and motivated to completing work in an accurate and timely manner.
On offer is a highly competitive salary, not to mention the prospect of working within a proactive organisation. With a global customer base some overseas travel is a requirement for this role.
If you have the proven design skills, need a new challenge, and desire an opportunity further afield, let’s talk.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Andrew Hickey on 04 282 1562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz