- Progressive food manufacturer
- Site leadership opportunity
- Competitive salary
- Location commutable from Hastings / Dannevirke
About our client:
Our client is a New Zealand operated business focused on producing and exporting NZ high value meat other food products. They ensure quality products to the consumer through their ability to source premium meat from New Zealand farmers and skilfull further processing using modern equipment. With further capital investment underway, this is a great time to be joining such a progressive business.
Following continued growth with their further processing food business, our client is seeking a Plant Manager to oversee the facility and lead the team through optimising of operations, and management of production, logistics, compliance, etc. With a site of around 130 staff, this is a good-sized operation with plenty of opportunity to make gains. Reporting to a supportive COO, and as part of the site leadership team, this is a very visible position from which to get traction.
Prerequisites as a candidate:
As a preferred candidate, you’ll have a strong food manufacturing operational background and experience in an operations/plant/manufacturing manager role in the food, dairy or meat processing industry. You’ll have an understanding of automated processing lines, continuous improvement initiatives, and capital projects. More importantly, though, you will have proven leadership/mentoring skills, be able to build teams and get people to work collaboratively through the pressures of change and operations.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in engineering, technology or similar
- Leadership experience at senior management level within the high-risk food industry
- Able to manage projects of varying sizes to meet tight deadlines
- Understand the important balance of compliance in meeting customer needs
- Strong leadership, communication and organisational qualities
- Able to identify and follow through on strategic improvements with buy-in from all parties
- Assertive nature, and excellent decision making abilities
In return, this progressive business is offering a competitive salary, and the opportunity to be part of an expanding business with a supportive backing. Nestled in central Hawkes Bay, the site is commutable from Hastings/Napier to the north and Dannevirke from the South.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button below, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541, email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.