Our client, an established and growing food manufacturer based in the Manawatu, is looking for an experienced Mechanical / Reliability Engineer to join their team. They have modern facilities, expansion plans, and offer an opportunity for you to come in and make a difference in a fast-paced and thriving environment.
This is a newly created role due to company growth, with the company recently acquiring a second site. With this being a new role, there is flexibility around the level that this person will come in at and this will be reflected in the remuneration.
Your role will be to develop and maintain mechanical systems to ensure reliability and longevity of manufacturing plant equipment, integrating electrical controls with mechanical processes to enhance efficiency and product quality, and increase overall production output.
You, the Candidate
With broad mechanical maintenance, diagnostic and repair experience, you will be a trade qualified Engineer ready to apply your mechanical and industrial skills to this role. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and an interest in making improvements.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Relevant trade qualification essential (mechanical diagnostics / fitter turner / automotive engineer)
- Electrician qualification (EWRB) preferred.
- Experience in FMCG / food manufacturing preferred.
- Hydraulic experience preferred.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Continuous / efficiency improvement focus.
- Ability to multi-task and think on your feet.
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team as required.
Join a stable yet growing Kiwi business that’s been operating for 60 years. In this newly created role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, career progression opportunities, and a great company culture.
Please click on the relevant ‘apply’ button to submit your CV. For a confidential enquiry, contact Olivia Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 916 0536.