Our client is an industry leading provider of nurse call systems, who are looking for a Service Technician to join their service and installation team
- Install, diagnose and repair faults
- Job security and growth opportunities in a thriving industry
- Opportunities in Auckland and Wellington
Our client is an industry leader who specialise in installing and maintaining medical alarms and nurse call systems for the aged care industry, as well as Security, MATV and Data. It’s an incredibly busy time for this industry and they are in need of a Service Technician. This company believe in supporting staff, they provide training, internal opportunities, and a supportive working culture.
As a Service Technician, you will attend customer sites and/or remotely support their nurse call, security, and IT related equipment. This is a technical hands-on role where you will install, diagnose and repair faults and liaise with onsite contacts (including active retirement villages) and the internal service team. There are vacancies in Auckland and Wellington, and both require day travel within the region.
A suitable applicant will have excellent communication and people skills and will come with experience in fault finding and servicing technical equipment. Experience with cabling (testing, installing) is highly advantageous, though if you are technically minded with a positive attitude to learning then the company is happy to provide training.
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Nurse Call, telecommunications, PABX, MATV, CCTV, data, VOIP, internet protocol systems, alarm technician or similar systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Able to follow wiring diagrams for fault finding of equipment
- Experience with test equipment instruments such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, ammeters and transmission measuring equipment
- Cabling experience highly advantageous, including joining cables correctly with solder and heat shrink + testing of cabling
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously – self-motivated and organised
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be Covid-vaccinated with NZ working rights
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader with a friendly team and strong work environment. You will join a national team, with further career opportunities and support from the top down. In return for your hard work, you will receive a good salary package, overtime over standard hours, a company vehicle, laptop and phone.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant ‘apply’ button. For a confidential enquiry, contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.