– Taranaki based Automation Engineering role
– Large established clients, strong project workflow for 2021
– Variety of sectors and automation platforms
Our Taranaki based client is a well-established Industrial Control Systems Integration company. They work on design and installation projects and this role will be based from their office in Taranaki.
This company have a strong pipeline of projects lined up and need an Automation Engineer to join them and work with their well-known and reputable clients.
You will need to have an existing strong skillset as an Industrial Automation Engineer with the ability to think as an engineer, look at the process and equipment to be automated, convert this process to a well thought out and well-structured code for PLC, HMI & SCADA systems, and be able to work capably and independently on client sites.
As an Automation Engineer you will be able to demonstrate experience across a range of platforms and at least some of the commonly used platforms i.e. Rockwell/Allen Bradley, Schneider, Wonderware, GE/Intellution, Siemens, Omron, Sick etc.
Brief Role Description
Control Architecture design (PLC, HMI, SCADA), hardware selection, programming & configuration, ordering parts, SAT/FAT, implementation, and commissioning onsite. All the while providing project & contractor management throughout and customer support.
Ideal skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualification in Automation, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Process Engineering (or similar)
• Can generate Grafcet Functional Descriptions from process descriptions
• A Programmer with PLC + Safety PLC, SCADA, and HMI coding and configuration experience
• Motion Controller and drives experience
• Industrial Networks and Communications e.g. Ethernet TCP/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet
• Need to have used automation platforms by Rockwell/Allen Bradley and/or Schneider and use of Wonderware, GE/Intellution, Siemens, Omron, or Sick would be ideal
• 3+ years’ experience in Automation within a relevant sector: i.e. Dairy, Food & Beverage, Meat, Water & Wastewater Treatment, Timber, Pharmaceutical, General Manufacturing…
• FAT, SAT, and Commissioning experience
• Good verbal and written communication
• Ability to build and maintain client relationships
• Self-driven individual who can work as part of a team
Nice to Have’s
• Dairy Sector automation engineering experience
• Knowledge of S88 batch process control standard for writing PLC programs
• Basic experience with VBA and SQL
• Familiar with AS/NZS 4024 with regards to machine safety, TUV or CMSE certifications, or machine guarding experience
• A basic electrical understanding is useful e.g. electrical devices, such as switches, contactors, or electrical troubleshooting
• Knowledge of electrical control system components such as circuit protection devices, sensors, relays…
This established specialist company are an ideal employer in this sector for technical specialists who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of larger cities. The role will be well remunerated in line with your skills and experience within this market, I note that overtime is paid at time and half after 40 hours, and a 5% annual bonus is also offered, this is dependent on individual and company performance.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone DDI 04 595 4102.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, or you want work in this space in another location then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements as we may know of options to pursue.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz