Auckland Based – Automated Machinery – Concept to Project Design
We are after an enthusiastic and talented mechanical design engineer with a strong automated machinery design experience base. The company designs and manufactures a range of highly specialised and automated machinery for the industrial sector, for primarily the global market but they also have sales in NZ as well.
These machines incorporate a range of high technology features and currently lead the sector for innovation. As a result, they offer technically challenging design issues, which are ever evolving to keep them ahead of the chasing pack.
Applicants will need to have expertise in the design and development of highly automated machinery from concept, through to its manufacture and project management of assembly. Preference will be given to applicants that have come from a practical background and don’t mind “getting their hands dirty” on the production floor. We are not after an academic but a skilled engineer who understands machinery design.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Mechanical engineering or similar
- At least 5 years real world design experience within a similar role
- Must have strong 3D CAD experience preferably Solidworks but they are open to other packages as well
- Must have a good understanding of materials (steel, plastics etc) and how they react to fabrication during the manufacturing process
- Must have proven design experience with machinery and / or mechanisms
- Be innovative, with the ability to look at existing products and offer improvement options
- Must have very good English oral and written communication skills
This is a permanent appointment within an excellent modern working environment, working on multimillion dollar specialised equipment. Furthermore, the role will provide an attractive remuneration package and good prospects for career advancement.
Technical Recruitment Solution has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact John Kiriakidis on 04 472 6558 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz