Our client is a bespoke design and build mechanical engineering company specialising in industrial air handling systems – design, manufacture, and commissioning. They work throughout New Zealand and internationally with a global customer base providing customised design solutions.
With plenty of work and exciting and varied projects, they have a need for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join their Christchurch based team.
You will be responsible for producing design documentation and coordinating the manufacture, installation and commissioning of these bespoke industrial air handling system projects.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist in understanding the clients’ needs
- Work with the design team to ensure design meets the client’s needs
- Coordinate the manufacture of the project
- Oversee onsite installation and commissioning
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a tertiary qualified Mechanical Engineering (BE Mech preferred)
- Have at least 5 years’ project engineering experience dealing with turnkey projects
- Have experience working with industrial air handling plant (preferable)
- Be proficient working with SolidWorks and design drawings
Personally, you will have excellent communication skills, have attention to detail, and be a proven team player committed and motivated to completing work in an accurate and timely manner.
This is a classic role with a stable and respected employer within the Canterbury region. A friendly close-knit team, flexible in their approach, and with many exciting projects within wide ranging industries. This opportunity comes with potential to travel, NZ wide and overseas.
On offer is a highly competitive salary, not to mention the prospect of working within a proactive organisation.
If you have the proven project engineering skills, need a new challenge, and desire an opportunity further afield, let’s talk.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Andrew Hickey on 04 282 1562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz