Our client is a well known and respected Consultancy in the Power Industry design sector. This company is busy and growing and with this increased workload, they need to find a Senior Protection Engineer, to join their team.
This role will have you combining hands-on design work, load flow studies and the like, with assisting younger engineers in their learning and work.
In particular you will:
- Provide protection engineering advice and expertise to clients and peers
- Meet with clients to discuss their needs and come up with solution concepts
- Carry out testing and studies such as load flow, earthing, lightning protection, etc. as required
- Assist in motivating, mentoring and training team members
As a Senior Protection Engineer, you’ll know what else is involved!
Our new Protection Engineer will be:
- Degree or masters qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Preferably be CPEng registered
- Have at least 10 years Protection Engineering Design experience
- Have experience in dealing directly with clients, understanding and solving their problems
- Have excellent written and verbal English abilities
- Have an understanding of and experience in the New Zealand Power sector
You will need to be keen to help others learn, patient and keen to lead a team – even if indirectly.
On offer is the chance to join a growing and busy team in a friendly, open work environment.
A competitive salary will will be offered that will reflect your skills and experience.
If you are looking for new challenges, the chance to be involved in a growing business and the chance to pass on your skills and knowledge, let’s talk.
To apply for this position, click on the appropriate button below or for an confidential, discreet inquiry please call Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 within NZ, +64 4 472 6558 internationally or email email@example.com.
Note: If this position is not quite right for you, please do contact us to discuss your next career move.