Our client is a well known and respected Consultancy in the Power Industry design sector. This company is busy and growing and with this increased workload, they need to find a Senior Protection Design Engineer, to join their team.
This role will have you combining hands-on design work, load flow studies and the like, with assisting younger engineers in their learning and work.
In particular, you will:
- Provide protection engineering advice and expertise to clients and peers
- Meet with clients to discuss their needs and come up with solution concepts
- Carry out testing and studies such as load flow, earthing, lightning protection, etc. as required
- Assist in motivating, mentoring and training team members
As a Senior Protection Engineer, you’ll know what else is involved!
Our new Protection Engineer will be:
- Degree or masters qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Preferably be CPEng registered
- Have at least 10 years Protection Engineering Design experience
- Have experience in dealing directly with clients, understanding and solving their problems
- Have excellent written and verbal English abilities
- Have an understanding of and experience in the New Zealand Power sector
You will need to be keen to help others learn, patient and keen to lead a team – even if indirectly.
On offer is the chance to join a growing and busy team in a friendly, open work environment.
A competitive salary will be offered that will reflect your skills and experience.
If you are looking for new challenges, the chance to be involved in a growing business and the chance to pass on your skills and knowledge, let’s talk.
To apply for this position, click on the appropriate button below or for a confidential, discreet inquiry please call Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 within NZ, +64 4 472 6558 internationally or email email@example.com.
Note: If this position is not quite right for you, please do contact us to discuss your next career move.