Bring your quality, regulatory, and product development management experience to this iconic NZ confectionery manufacturer.
- Key leadership role
- Lifestyle location, within reach of major cities
- Growing business with great branding
Our client is a leading New Zealand confectionery manufacturer with an enviable position within the local and international markets, all supplied by their established manufacturing plant in the lower North Island. Running 24 hours a day, they’ve been offering high quality and delicious treats to their loyal customers for over 25 years.
As the Technical Manager, you will report to the Group Technical Manager and be responsible for managing all facets of compliance with food safety, quality, customer, and legislative requirements as well as driving NPD. Among other tasks, you will be responsible for the leadership of the Technical Team of three, conducting HACCP audits, maintaining certifications, assisting in NPD and regulatory affairs, and developing and conducting FSQ training.
As a Technical Manager, you will have a strong understanding of quality and food safety, compliance, regulatory affairs, and NPD in the food industry. You’ll have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and be motivated to meet deadlines.
In addition, you are expected to have the following skills and experience,
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role at leadership level
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Food Technology, or similar
- Sound understanding of quality, food technology, regulations and compliance
- Proven experience with HACCP, BRC, SQF or a similar QMS
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with all departments and levels and ability to motivate staff
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
This is an exciting career opportunity with an innovative and successful confectionary manufacturer with well-recognised brands. Our client offers a competitive salary in an affordable location within reach of major cities. As the business continues to grow, so will this role, offering career development.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Olivia Lawrence on email@example.com or 04 472 6558
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.