- Established and growing business
- Industry leading technology and innovation
- Blend of technical and leadership responsibilities
Our client is one of the leading suppliers of colour matching accessories to the Australasian paint industry, supporting architectural, marine and other speciality paint applications. Critical to this sector, this manufacturer has, since their inception, worked on the philosophy of Quality, Accuracy and Technology. With a base and factory in Auckland, their products are designed and sold to clients across the globe.
Following a recent resignation of a long standing team member, our client is seeking to hire a Technical Manager to lead their Technical and Production teams. Reporting to the Operations/Production Manager, this role will over see a team of around 15 people split into key teams including day to day production, and technical and innovation. This role will focus on productivity and efficiency, technical support to production and customers, driving innovation, and critically, mentoring and managing the team.
You, the candidate:
A preferred candidate will have a strong background, knowledge and/or qualifications in colour and colorimetry. Ideally you will come from the paint, dye or ink industries, or have experience working within colour matching and coatings in an innovation environment. You’ll have worked with spectrophotometers and other similar analytical equipment.
You’ll be innovation-minded, seeking out continuous improvement and identifying new technologies to develop. But equally, you will be mindful of meeting production schedules and managing resources and staff to meet these. You’ll either be an accomplished leader or have the strong ability to influence those around you.
As a key position within our client’s organisational structure you, the incumbent, must have the following skills and/or experience:
- 5+ years technical experience within paint, pigment, dye or ink industries
- Previous experience with colour analysis and colour/coating development
- Proven leadership or the ability to mentor and motivate a team
- Able to meet production schedules and overcome manufacturing issues
- Have strong interpersonal skills, able to relate to all people
- Previous success in leading projects to completion
- A clear ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Proven innovation and product improvement skills
In return, our client offers a competitive remuneration package, and personal and career development opportunities.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.