Our client is well-backed major player in the international nutraceutical and dairy nutrition market. Their state-of-the-art factory based in South Auckland manufactures a range of nutritional products for people of all ages, from infant to adult.
As part of the engineering team, and reporting to the Services Manager, this position is responsible for all maintenance planning and engineering inventory control for the manufacturing plant, along with managing annual shutdowns external contractors.
Ultimately, your role is to build, maintain and organise planning systems and manage inventory stocks for the plant so that the maintenance strategies selected for the plant are implemented successfully. This role also has responsibility for the spare parts and consumable stocks for the site and manages one direct report.
With this role critical to the performance of the manufacturing plant and engineering team, preferred candidates for this role will have a trade qualification in a field relevant to the manufacturing plant maintenance, and at least 2 years maintenance planning experience using CMMS to successfully manage parts inventory and schedule maintenance in conjunction with the production team.
As you will be working across various departments, you will be a good communicator with the ability to negotiate and agree schedules and to react to unexpected issues. You’ll also be computer literate, have experience with maintenance best practices, and an awareness of the strict hygiene requirements in this sort of industry.
Candidates seriously considered will have all or most of the following skills:
- Previous maintenance or production experience.
- 3 years Maintenance Planning experience working with CMMS or ERP programmes.
- Mechanical Trade certificate/relevant Engineering qualification would be beneficial OR alternatively hands-on experience with running manufacturing equipment.
- Food, dairy, FMCG, or nutraceutical experience.
- Project management skills or experience managing factory shut downs.
- Strong communication skills (directed mostly to maintenance engineers and contractors), team player.
- Experience in Quality System Practices and Health & Safety Practices.
- Ability to lead and influence.
- Ability to work onsite in South Auckland Monday to Friday.
Please note, for this role you must already hold the right to work fulltime in NZ.
If you are highly organised, have the required attributes, experience, a strong customer focus and a drive for results then apply now. In return, our client offers a supportive environment, competitive remuneration and the opportunity to be involved in this fast-paced and leading industry, and career growth oppotrunities.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant APPLY button. For a confidential enquiry, contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants with the right to work in NZ will be considered.