– Senior Industrial Automation Engineer
– Established company with strong workflow in a lifestyle location
– Upskill further in Control Systems, & gain exposure to Robotics
Based in the sunny Hawkes Bay, our client is a well-established medium-sized consultancy who do project engineering and service work in the disciplines of Industrial Automation, Mechatronics/Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, and Machine Safety across New Zealand in a variety of industry sectors.
This company have strong workflow are continuing to grow and need a Senior Automation Engineer to work across a range of industry sectors.
You will need to have an existing strong skillset as an industrial automation integrator who can work with control systems in the office and on client sites with PLC, HMI & SCADA systems. Work is primarily based in the North Island so some travel to sites across New Zealand may be required. This role will give you exposure to training and upskilling in robotics.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate experience across a range of system platforms commonly used and Rockwell/Allen Bradley and Schneider will be most relevant.
Having an EWRB EST or E registration would be beneficial but if you are not registered you can work towards at least EST registration with this company.
Ideal skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Automation, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Process Engineering (or similar) or be a registered Industrial Electrician who is strong with control systems
- EWRB registration of some sort would be beneficial (e.g. EST or E registration) but not essential
- A Programmer with PLC, SCADA, and HMI coding and configuration experience
- Experience reading P&ID’s, creating functional descriptions, and programming from these documents
- Ideally have experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley and Schneider control systems
- 3+ years’ experience in Automation within a relevant sector: e.g. Water, Materials Handling, Dairy, Food & Beverage, General Manufacturing, Pulp & Paper environments
- FAT, SAT, and Commissioning experience
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Self-driven individual who can work as part of a team
- Fine with being on-call and with travelling away for work
Is this right for you?
You will get paid for every hour you work here at industry standard rates, and rates are 20% higher when you are away from home. This is a great place to learn and grow your career because the company recruits for the long term and aim to develop their staff technically within the different technical business areas they work and provide exposure to a variety of sectors too.
If you are not from the Hawkes Bay it does boast a temperate coastal climate, a vibrant wine and food, easy access to outdoors pursuits, affordable housing to buy, and great schools.
The company culture is friendly, flexible, and relaxed. Staff go mountain biking or fishing together and there are monthly company lunches together.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz